M2M One NZ Ltd, 29 Rennie Drive, Auckland 2022 (M2M One)
We only collect personal information where it is necessary to perform our functions and activities and provide the Services to you. We will only disclose your personal information as set out in this Policy.
We provide a range of telecommunication services targeting the M2M market including services from third parties including telecommunications operators. Most of our customers are business users of mobile data and related services.
Information held by us may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone or mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s license number, mobile network information including PIN numbers, user names and passwords.
We also hold details of your M2M One services (including their status), as well as certain details about your interests.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them that we can be contacted for further information (see ‘How to contact us’ at the end of this privacy statement).
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, or when you submit your personal details through our websites;
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from the organisations identified under “When we disclose personal information”;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from our own records of how you use your M2M One services;
- when legally required to do so
How we use your information
Your information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Your personal information is collected so that we, our related bodies and our sales channels can promote and market services to you, including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, and SMS. This is to keep you informed of products, services, and offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of M2M One, including to providers of services to M2M One. Providers of services to M2M One include telecommunications carriers and other third parties. Your information is disclosed to these organisations only in
relation to us providing our services to you and may be used and disclosed by these organisations for the following purposes, in accordance with their privacy statements:
- to enable them to fulfil their obligations under their agreements with us;
- to contact you in certain circumstances;
- to continue to provide the services to you following expiry or termination of their agreements with us;
- to enable them to manage and administer their internal systems and procedures;
- to enable them to provide the service from a data centre anywhere in the world; and
- in any other manner and to any other persons as notified by us to you.
These organisations may carry out our:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- network usage monitoring;
- market research; and
- web usage analysis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other telecommunication and information service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, we may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes);
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your information such as your name or address.
You can access your information
You have a right to access your information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please e-mail