M2M One Data Plan Types
Individual Data Plans (CAP Plan)
Never pay excess usage charges with our Individual Data plans, thanks to our CAP Guarantee. Each SIM has an individual monthly fixed data allowance, when the SIM reaches it’s allowance the data plan is disabled.
If you still need to use the SIM after it capped, you can contact us at any time to move it to a larger plan or simply wait until the end of the month when your SIMs data allowance will be automatically reset.
Individual data plan example
4x 5MB SIM Cards each have individual data 5MB allowances.
Flexible Data Plans (Flexible Pool)
Looking for some flexibility with your plans? Our flexible plans are a perfect option for devices with varying usage patterns. With a flexible plan, every SIM on the same plan type groups together to create an effective “Pool” of flexible data.
If your SIMs exceed the total pooled allowance, they will still keep operating but will result in excess usage charges that are billed at a per KB rate. You can contact us at any time about upgrading data plans to avoid excess charges.
Flexible data plan example
4 x 5MB SIM cards gives you a flexible pool of 20MB to share.
How much data do you need?
Low Use Plans
Data plans ranging from 0.5MB to 50MB are ideal for low use M2M/IoT applications that send and receive small packets of data and transmit infrequently or by exception. A majority of these devices rely on data saving methods like using UDP as a transmission protocol or static routes to reduce their overall device traffic.
Low data usage IoT applications:
- Automated Meter Reading – Electricity, Gas and Water Smart Metering.
- Security – IP Alarm systems, Geofencing, perimeter alarms and asset tracking.
- Vehicle Tracking & Telematics – Periodic vehicle information, GPS tracking and vehicle alerts.
Medium Use Plans
Data plans ranging from 100MB to 300MB are ideal for medium use M2M/IoT applications, typically these devices send and receive larger packets of data and regularly. A majority of these devices will use the open internet as their primary communication method and tend to transmit using TCP.
Medium data usage IoT applications::
- Vending – Electronic payments, stock management and coin counting.
- Retail – Point of sale terminals, ticketing systems and inventory control.
- Vehicle Tracking & Telematics – Real time vehicle tracking, remote diagnostics and reporting.
- mHealth or Telehealth – Patient monitoring, SOS alarms, remote diagnostic and administration.
- Environmental Monitoring – Wildlife tracking, natural disaster monitoring and water treatment systems.
High Data Use Plans
Data plans ranging from 500MB to 4GB are ideal for high use M2M/IoT applications. These are devices that typically allow the user real time access to a remote location, transferring large files or streaming content.
High data usage IoT applications:
- Digital Signage – Billboards, electronic advertising systems for retail & leisure and information kiosks
- Industrial Monitoring and Control – Connecting industrial PLCs and RTUs to supervisory or SCADA systems.
- Building and area management – Large networks of smart meters using a concentrator and managing building systems like heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC).
Extreme Data Plans
Data plans ranging from 5GB to 10GB are ideal for the highest bandwidth M2M/IoT applications. These are typically devices that are on 24/7 and transmit or stream high volumes of data and information.
Extreme data usage IoT applications:
- Backup & redundancy – Replacing fixed line with wireless communications, wireless backhaul and redundant backup links.
- Security – Video surveillance systems for assets or buildings.
- Entertainment – Streaming high quality video to digital signage, tablets or for broadcast.
Additional Service and Features
What features can I add to my M2M Data plan?
In addition to SIM card data plans, M2M One can enable/disable any of the following features to suit your requirements:
- SMS Mobile Originating (MO) – SMS Messaging directly from your SIM/Device, each SMS is charged at a casual rate, and we can offer monthly SMS packs (50 SMS, 150 SMS, 300 SMS, and 500 SMS)
- SMS Mobile Terminating (MT) – SMS Messaging sent to and received by your SIM/Device from an outside SIM, there is no charge for our SIMs to receive SMS.
- Voice – M2M One offer voice services, phone your SIM/Device, or allows your SIM/Device to make phone calls. Mobile Originated (MO) voice calls are charged at a casual rate per minute, and we can offer monthly voice packs (10min, 20min, and 30min packs).
- Roaming – M2M One can offer roaming data plans on our SIM Cards to assist with off-shore manufacturing and testing. At present we have roaming options for Australia and USA.
Need some help?
Still not sure how much data your M2M/IoT device needs? Or maybe you just want to talk through some options. Feel free to contact M2M One any time for help.